cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove checkbox border

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate a Windows checkbox in QV.  This is the best I can come up with

and it's all working.  But I don't like having the border surrounding the text (see red arrow). 

Anyone knows a trick of removing it?   Thanks!

Iqv20.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Make sure you have Advanced Styling Mode within Document Properties (Alt + Ctrl + D)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

You are using the list box to create this, right? May be uncheck 'Use Borders' on the Layout tab

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't have that option. 

What version are you running?

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Sydney,

what Kind of Version are you using?

check the settíngs within your qv

beck

sunny_talwar

Make sure you have Advanced Styling Mode within Document Properties (Alt + Ctrl + D)

Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sunny Suggestion work, Mean time check Simplified to Advanced from Settings -- Document Properties (Ctrl + Alt + D)

Then Check the Borders and choose Shadow No Shadow with Border Width of 0 Pixel

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you're correct.  I had to select "Advanced" in styling mode.  I see it now.  You're guys are the best.

sunny_talwar

Hahahahaha, I am glad you finally got it to work.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changing the styling mode to "advanced" solved my original problem.  However, since this is a global setting for the

document, it affected the appearance of my existing charts.  These charts now have borders which I can manually turn them off.  I don't want this to happen. 

qv21.jpg

I turned off the border for my chart but there's a line above the header.  I have many other charts that are affected as well.  How can I do this so it affects the "checkbox" only and nothing else?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is a little weird.  I reverted my qvw back to "simplied" and now I don't see the borders around

the text next to the checkbox.

qv22.jpg

Maybe this is the "sequence" to do it??  Strange behavior ....

I even reload the document just to be sure.