Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Replication of qvd and qvw qlikview

Dear Qv experts

I have a challenge in moving qvd files from DC SAN drive to DR SAN drive due to network bandwidth speed using control-M.

The size of qvd files 300 GB daily refresh and are 400 GB monthly refresh. 

Are there any robust approaches that are normally followed in this situation.

Rgds,

Sean.

Labels (1)
12 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Apologies for delay, took some time off last week.  Firstly, we do not support NAS storage, just FYI, and secondly, I would not use mapped drives, I would use UNC paths on your file locations via a proper network file share being created on the folder in question...  If something is out of sync, it would be the Settings.ini files, so check both of those on each QVS node to be sure they have the same settings, and also check the IniData.pgo file, if that has a very old timestamp, or does not clear when the services are shutdown, that may have become corrupted.  Just stop the QVS services in that case, delete the file and then restart the services, it should recreate and sync with the Settings.ini file from the first node to start.  About the best I have, hopefully may be the issue.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Brett.  This is resolved and you are right,  as the folders share should be shared between nodes in a cluster and that was exactly the issue was. It is resolved now. 

I have another issue, on how to make qlik files (Qvd's and qvw's) replication from one server (DC) to another server (DR). The NAS drive  (i understand NAS not fully supported for qlikview) , but i have no choice. 

The root directory in QMC is pointed to NAS location (full UNC path) and NAS location was mapped to windows server where qlikview is installed and configured. i.e click on "This PC", select "Map Network Drive", choose a drive and browse the UNC path where qvd, qvw's and .pgo files are saved. When i do, the qvd's reload time is low. Taking more time to refresh compared to SAN. Is this could be due to network speed and low disk response time. 

Using NAS was the only way for replication. any other standard approach for files replication other than NAS.

Rgds,

Sean.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey man, glad you got that sorted, I will mark your last response as the solution.  Regarding the syncing, have a look at the following link, I think you can mirror things using this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/robocopy

Hopefully that may provide a new option.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.