Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Requirement gathering

Hi Community

How is requirements gathered in qlikview and how are the KPIs defined. If possible can anyone share some business requirement documents?

Smriti

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That question has nothing to do with Qlikview itself. There are dozens of methods to gather requirements. Pick one: Requirements analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Then read up on the method you picked.

For KPI definition you can start with this page: Performance indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. At the bottom of that page you can find a reference to a couple of books.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this discussion: http://community.qlik.com/message/632580#632580

Not applicable
Author

I am trying to ask the steps for requirement gathering and defining KPIs from scratch. I mean what questions should I ask the user. and then based on it how should I frame my business requirement document?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That question has nothing to do with Qlikview itself. There are dozens of methods to gather requirements. Pick one: Requirements analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Then read up on the method you picked.

For KPI definition you can start with this page: Performance indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. At the bottom of that page you can find a reference to a couple of books.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Smriti,

Go through this doc.. You will get to know what type of qtn you need to ans before creating ay dashboard.

Guide to Dashboard Design.pdf

Thanks

BKC

Not applicable
Author

Try googling ITIL incident metrics if you are designing dashboard for Incident Management System