XYZOff siteBothOn site
DEFOn siteOff siteOn site
PQROn siteBothOff site

and I have to create a chart that shows the rolled up numbers like

Test1Test2Test3
On site3 02
Off site121
Both 021

I was able to create similar looking chart using ValueList but the problem is I am not able to filter by selecting the values within the table.

The requirement is the user should be able to click on the values within the table and filter should be applied accordingly. For example, if the user clicks on value 3 in the above table, the filter should be applied on name field. In this case, Name should be filtered as ABC, DEF & PQR because these are the three names that has On Site value associated to Test1.

Attaching a sample qvw. Please let me know if something is not clear. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use crosstable in the load script, the solution on the front end is trivial.  See attached.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

This may not solved all your problems but try:

Change to Pivot table

Add Name dimension to the right of the Valuelist.

You can filter down when you expand the second dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use crosstable in the load script, the solution on the front end is trivial.  See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

I was able to change my data model with crosstable for this data and was able to achieve it. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks,

Malai

Not applicable
Author

Robert - It was helpful. If there were no other option I would have gone with this but Michael's suggestion below worked to satisfy my requirement completely. Greatly appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Malai