Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik4asif
Creator III
Creator III

Rollig 12 Months in Bar chart

Hi All,

I have created a chart for Rolling 12 months on month  and function as dimension below

Capture.PNG

Expression is

=Num(Sum({<Region={'Global'},DateMonth ={">$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM')) <=$(vMaxDate_IIR)"}>} YTD), '##.##')

But it is showing Respective Month Value not the rolling 12 months for every line

Checked Dates and giving correct value ----  Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM')   and to ---vMaxDate_IIR

Capture.PNG

When i tried expression with text box and giving selections accordingly it is giving rolling  12 months value

Please suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

If you have 4 Expressions, then you need to change all of them in the same way.

If you only have one Expression and two Dimension, then add the second Dimension in the aggr function like this.

Num(Sum({<Region={'Global'},DateMonth ={">$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM')) <=$(vMaxDate_IIR)"}>}

aggr(RangeSum(above(sum(YTD),0,12)),DateMonth,dimension2)), '##.##')

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In your way, What do you mean the "Rolling 12 Months"??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlik4asif
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Chart shows recent 12 months(Considering max date as 2017-10)

if you see in chart first date is

2016-11------value for this should be from 2015-12 to 2016-11

-    

-

2017-10-----value for this should be from 2016-11 to 2017-10

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

{">$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM'

if you add >= in the beginning of set analysis maybe.

{">=$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM'

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then, This should work

=Num(Sum({<Region={'Global'},DateMonth ={">=$(=Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM')) <=$(vMaxDate_IIR)"}>} YTD), '##.##')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
qlik4asif
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Why i have not included = because i need 12 months period, if i include = it will show 13 months data

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

ok, if you add max here then?

{">$(=max(Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM')))

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Date(AddMonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12),'YYYY-MM')) this will gives you 2016-10, but in Your case you have use just > in Your setanalysis, which is 2016-11. So Your Expression says, show bigger values than 2016-10 and that is 2016-11

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

oh, I see your problem, you think that 2016-10 to 2017-10 is 12 month, its not, its 13.

You have to decide what is rolling 12, if you want to include both end period. 12 month back from 2017-10 is 2016-11 as you show in your pic, just count the month.

qlik4asif
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My max date is 2017-10

If i use addmonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12) ...it gives 2016-10

NOw in expression i have given >addmonths(vMaxDate_IIR,-12) ....which gives 2016-11

and <=MaxDate  means 2017-10

so from 2016-11 to 2017-10....which is 12 months period

The problem i am facing is graph is not giving 12 months rolling value, but it is showing according tomonth value