Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III

Rolling Month Sum

Hi guys,

I needed rolling sum of current year for 12 months, if there are less than 12 months available, it should take how much ever months are remaining from the previous year column. I did achieve this in a text box for result. In my application, when I click a MonthYear, the text box displays the corresponding Rolling Sum. However, I need this in a straight chart, with MonthYear as Dimension and Rolling month in its corresponding expressions column. I have attached the qvw just in case. There is text object. I need the values of that in the chart. If possible in the backend, please guide me.

Thank you guys.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks sudhir for the help. I played around for sometime and I did it. Yes what you did was correct. But it also needs the Rangesum of remaining months prom PY. I'll attach the file..

Thank you,

Cheers!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sudhirpkuwar
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Why do you have two separate fields CY and PY....?

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Can you elaborate it ?

it should take how much ever months are remaining from the previous year column.

sudhirpkuwar
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You could directly get previous rolling 12 months based on the MonthYear selected using

=Monthstart(Addmonths(MonthYear,-11))

sudhirpkuwar
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I just added another Straight Table with same dim  and exp

Its working fine for me

PFA

aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That is the format I got the data in. So for 2016, they have the data only in PY field.

aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If I select the MonthYear Mar 2017, It should calculate the rolling sum for Jan, Feb, Mar 2017 from CY

+

April to December rolling sum from PY. So that for every month year selected. There is a rolling sum of 12 months.

sudhirpkuwar
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Plz see the above attachment

its working fine....

aslam24196
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Okay, So instead of the rolling sum displaying the aggregated total, my requirment is to display the rolling so of each monthYear in their corresponding Rows. Not in the totals.

sudhirpkuwar
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You mean like this...?

1.JPG