Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Rolling date range in set analysis expression

I am trying to create a set analysis expression that will select transactions that have date from today to three days ago. This is the expressionL

(Sum ({<nDate = {"$((>=num(today())-1))"}>}[Actual Input Qty]))-(Sum ({<nDate = {"$((>=num(today())-1))"}>}[Std Input Qty])) 

This expression returns zero for all instances.  I would appreciate any help you can provide.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Rolling date range in set analysis expression

I ended up using the following after creating YearDay using the DayNumberOfYear expression in the load script:

= sum({<"YearDay" = {">=$(=max(YearDay)-4)<=$(=max(YearDay))"}>}[Actual Input Qty] - [Std Input Qty])

Thanks to those who responded.

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Try to get Day from NDate then using this expression:

sum({<Day= {">=$(=max(Day)-3)<=$(=max(Day))"} >} [Actual Input Qty]-[Std Input Qty])

Hope its can help you.

- Heri

Hi

Try this,

= sum({<nDate = {">= $( = max (nDate) - 3) <= $(= max(nDate) )"}>}[Actual Input Qty] - [Std Input Qty])

hope it helps

Not applicable

I ended up using the following after creating YearDay using the DayNumberOfYear expression in the load script:

= sum({<"YearDay" = {">=$(=max(YearDay)-4)<=$(=max(YearDay))"}>}[Actual Input Qty] - [Std Input Qty])

Thanks to those who responded.