Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II

Rolling-n: Why does sum(aggr(rangeavg(above(total sum..())))) not work with more than one dimension?

Hi all,

I need to calculate a variable rolling avg of sum() per months for a second dimension.

So I am using as formula

=sum(aggr(rangeavg(above(sum({$<Date=>}Value),0,3)),Date))

(here the variable is substituted by the fixed value of 3).

It works well in a straight table with [Date] as dimension but if fails in a straight table with another dimension.

Please have a look at the example. I resorted the table as ordered by Date asc first,then by the second dimension.

My questions are:

A) Why does it show the total in one row of the table "Selector as Dim"  and the other row being empty?

B) How do I properly calculate the sum of rolling averages for each value of the dimension [Selector]?

Thanks for any help,

Andreas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be you need this?

=Sum(Aggr(RangeAvg(Above(TOTAL Sum(Value),0,3)), Selector, Date))

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be you need this?

Capture.PNG

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You need to aggregate your expression on the dimension used

so for the below change Aggregation from [Date] dimension to [Selector]

=sum(aggr(rangeavg(above(sum({$<Date=>}Value),0,3)),Date))

to

=sum(aggr(rangeavg(above(sum({$<Date=>}Value),0,3)),Selector))

The expression total rownumber is 0; so rangeavg for rows above 0 is nothing! that is why it returns null. Change this to sum of rows.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
andreas_koehler
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Sunny,

I recall now that some time ago I posted a similar problem. Seems like I need a bigger hammer to get this into my head.

One question about the TOTAL: What is its result in a aggr()? I understand that it disregards the dimension in a chart.

What dimension would be disregarded in this solution and what would be its purpose?

The correct result for B is in my understanding 19150 and not 19053.
I get 19150 as a result when I omit the TOTAL.

Andreas

sunny_talwar

Well Total within Above function makes it a continuous RangeAvg when you have multiple dimensions (Selector and Date) where as without TOTAL it would be RangeAvg for your second dimension which resets for change in your first dimension (RangeAvg for Date which resets for each of the selector). Above cannot take field name after TOTAL.

Does that make sense?