Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Root directory path in QMC

Hello team -

Quick question 

Is there any way to point the QMC path when switching form production to DR server. 

The qv is installed in production and DR windows 2016 physical servers.

Currently i need to manually change the UNC path and mounted folders path whenever there is a DC to DR switch. 

Is there any automatic way to handle this. 

For example:

In production my root folder is \\10.0.1.23\projectname\docs

In DR my root folder is \\10.1.1.23\projectname\docs.

Appreciate your quick response. 

Rgds,

Sean.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, there are some options to develop avoiding manually change paths when moving documents, most common are:

- Use relative paths: ..\..\folder

- Use a file with the root path, documents load this file using "include" to load root path, usually in a variable.

- Using QDF https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework/releases/tag/1.7.4

View solution in original post

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sean, the optimal method here would be to control this via DNS I believe, have the network guys create an Alias for you that you or they can change when things switch between environments such that you do not need to do anything at all in that case if they would then be responsible for changing the pointer on the Alias if there is a cutover to the DR environment etc...  Hopefully this makes sense.  So you would use the DNS alias in the UNC path instead of the IP address at that point...

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, there are some options to develop avoiding manually change paths when moving documents, most common are:

- Use relative paths: ..\..\folder

- Use a file with the root path, documents load this file using "include" to load root path, usually in a variable.

- Using QDF https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework/releases/tag/1.7.4

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sean, the optimal method here would be to control this via DNS I believe, have the network guys create an Alias for you that you or they can change when things switch between environments such that you do not need to do anything at all in that case if they would then be responsible for changing the pointer on the Alias if there is a cutover to the DR environment etc...  Hopefully this makes sense.  So you would use the DNS alias in the UNC path instead of the IP address at that point...

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.