Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Running MACRO in button click

Hi friends,

I am new to QlikView. I wrote a macro to insert data into SQL server table. When I try to test the macro its working fine without any issue and data is getting inserted.

But when i configure the macro to run from button click I am not able to see any progress.

Below are the steps taken to run the macro:

--> right click on button --> properties --> Action --> Add --> external --> run macro --> Edit module (wrote the VBScript to insert data into SQL server table)

After writing the script clicked test button and data got inserted into Table. But when I tried to click the button there is no change.

Please help to solve the issue.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Probably the macro-name within the action has a typo then there is no difference within one application and by the same user if a macro is executed within the edit module window or per gui-button.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vikasmahajan

In macro check with the following setting is set

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vikas. I tried the option but not working.

marcus_sommer

Probably the macro-name within the action has a typo then there is no difference within one application and by the same user if a macro is executed within the edit module window or per gui-button.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Marcus... It worked.