cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Running QMC task will not timeout

Hi, I have a document in a "Running" status in the QMC since yesterday. The logfile indicates that it is in the middle of an SQL select on a database. Timeout setting for the reload 21600. The ODBC connection has evidently failed by the QMC task has not timed out. I couldn't stop the task manually. Restarting the Distribution service did move the task to a failed status and system is back to normal. Does anyone have this sort of issue and a resolution? Thanks.

5 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Simon,

these are the some ideas to close this issue.

1) once you get the permission from your client just restart all 5 services (QS,QMS,QWS,QDS,QDirectory services).

2) after taking the necessary permissions, Remove the 3 files(Application.qvw,shared file,meta file) and rename the file name and schedule the job one more and check.

3) Check this condition may be happened :

Same license key is applied to another server and that server is also up at the same time so jobs won't stop in the previous server .i mean

( 1234 is my server license key in machine 1 , some time N/W team is changed the machine or any other issues they apply the same License in machine 2 and that also start. then ambiguity occurs and jobs won't stop even though timeout is there)

if i miss understand please correct me.

Colin-Albert

Restart the QlikView Distribution Service QDS. This controls the reload engine.

There should be no need to restart the other services.

Once restarted the job should show as failed in the QMC and you can view the logs to see the cause of the failure -  you do have the document log enabled the file?

sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Colin, Yes just restating the one service is enough and less disruptive.

Question is - am I missing a timeout setting or is this a bug in QV. Not acceptable that models run indefinitely without refreshing. I have standalone monitoring on the QVW file time stamp and could extend this to restart the service but shouldn’t have to.

Colin-Albert

Hi Simon,

The default timeout is 6 hours (21600 seconds).  See this post Maximum Run Time on QMC

sangland2
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Colin. I have that timeout setting. It just doesn’t work 100%. My model was still running after 12 hours.