Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marikabi
Creator
Creator

SET ANALYSIS HELP

Hello,

I'm trying to add a condition using set analysis to take into account only last 7 days.

This is the formula I'm using to calculate the "utilization" of our shops (and it's working fine):

MAX(AGGR(SUM(CUSTOMERS),PERIOD, SHOP))
/
FirstSortedValue(EMPLOYEES, -Aggr(SUM(CUSTOMERS),PERIOD, SHOP))
/

Period is a time dimension in the format: 'DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss' (data are refreshed every 15 minutes)

I already defined a DATE dimension (DD/MM/YYYY) in the loading script.

Please can you guide me how to use set analysis to consider only last 7 days?

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marikabi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I solved using

{<DATE={">=$(=Date(max(DATE)-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}

probably just an issue with the spacing 🙂

The issue I have now is regarding the shops which closed -> eg in the last week I don't have any data for a specific shop, so I would expect to have 0% utilization, while I get the utilization for the last 7 days available (meaning 2 weeks ago).

How could I fix this?

Thank you again 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Max({<DATE = {">=$(=Date(Today(1)-7, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} Aggr(Sum({<DATE = {">=$(=Date(Today(1)-7, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} CUSTOMERS), PERIOD, SHOP))
/
FirstSortedValue({<DATE = {">=$(=Date(Today(1)-7, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>} EMPLOYEES, -Aggr(Sum({<DATE = {">=$(=Date(Today(1)-7, 'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}CUSTOMERS), PERIOD, SHOP))
/

marikabi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny, that's unfortunately not working.

I tried with a similar structure (but using max(DATE) as function to define the date), and doesn't work either.

Probably I shouldn't put the sets both in inner and outer aggregation, but can't find a combination that's working 😞

marikabi
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

I solved using

{<DATE={">=$(=Date(max(DATE)-7,'DD/MM/YYYY'))"}>}

probably just an issue with the spacing 🙂

The issue I have now is regarding the shops which closed -> eg in the last week I don't have any data for a specific shop, so I would expect to have 0% utilization, while I get the utilization for the last 7 days available (meaning 2 weeks ago).

How could I fix this?

Thank you again 

sunny_talwar

Not able to completely understand the problem without seeing it. Are you able to share an example where we can see the issue?

marikabi
Creator
Creator
Author

okay, let's assume the last data load happened on June 16th.

the set we put in the function, limits the data to the last 7 days available --> june 10th till june 16th.

Shops A, B and C were regularly open in this period --> the formula works fine, taking into account the period june 10-16.

Shop C was closed in these dates, meaning that I didn't get any record from our database --> formula takes into account the period june 4th till june 10th, showing me the result for this period instead of 0 as I would expect.

Hope is clear now, otherwise will try to fake the data 🙂