cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL Connection Issues

Capture.JPG

I am trying to connect to a remote Computer and access the SQL Server database through a VPN,
when i ping the host the connection is fine and works properly.
but when i try to connect to the sql running in the host"s pc i get connection error

17 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you getting an "Access Denied" message, or are you getting a message stating that "...can't find Server/Database?"

Nate

ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator

Hi Moslem,

That is belongs to Authentication Issue only , Ones do cross check with your Manager .

They will rise the access for u

Thanks,

Ravi

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to make sure your SQL server IP/host name and db login credentials working.

also do simple telnet ping from your end

C:\>telnet sqlserver_ip_address 1433

just change the Authentication type from SQL Server authentication instead of Windows

Capture.JPG

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i believe need to select second option

"specific username and password"

Sunil Chauhan
Anil_Babu_Samineni

When you say you are using VPN i believe you need to connect VPN and The remote is an another cluster with different nodes. So, I would ask you to test by yourself using that connection whether you can access DB or not (I meant to say privileges of account RDC)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your replym, this is the error(SQL SERVER does not exist or Access Denied ) . i try to ping the host using a simple ping command in command prompt of windows and the VPN connection is fine , i also tried the ip address before the server name(192.168.11.1\ server name and instance name ) but no luck . 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey kumar, i have the access and Authentication, and the SQL in the host does not need any username and password , they use windows authentication only

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply
i am using the Windows 10, i can not use the command Telnet , i just tried a simple ping from the command line and i got the response ,
the host also uses windows Authentication there is no username and password, or maybe i shoud give my own username and pass, don't i ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the host uses Windows Autentication , do i have to have username and password ?