Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL Connection Issues

Capture.JPG

I am trying to connect to a remote Computer and access the SQL Server database through a VPN,
when i ping the host the connection is fine and works properly.
but when i try to connect to the sql running in the host"s pc i get connection error

17 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are you getting an "Access Denied" message, or are you getting a message stating that "...can't find Server/Database?"

Nate

ravikumar_iyana
Creator
Creator

Hi Moslem,

That is belongs to Authentication Issue only , Ones do cross check with your Manager .

They will rise the access for u

Thanks,

Ravi

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try to make sure your SQL server IP/host name and db login credentials working.

also do simple telnet ping from your end

C:\>telnet sqlserver_ip_address 1433

just change the Authentication type from SQL Server authentication instead of Windows

Capture.JPG

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i believe need to select second option

"specific username and password"

Sunil Chauhan
Anil_Babu_Samineni

When you say you are using VPN i believe you need to connect VPN and The remote is an another cluster with different nodes. So, I would ask you to test by yourself using that connection whether you can access DB or not (I meant to say privileges of account RDC)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your replym, this is the error(SQL SERVER does not exist or Access Denied ) . i try to ping the host using a simple ping command in command prompt of windows and the VPN connection is fine , i also tried the ip address before the server name(192.168.11.1\ server name and instance name ) but no luck . 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey kumar, i have the access and Authentication, and the SQL in the host does not need any username and password , they use windows authentication only

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply
i am using the Windows 10, i can not use the command Telnet , i just tried a simple ping from the command line and i got the response ,
the host also uses windows Authentication there is no username and password, or maybe i shoud give my own username and pass, don't i ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

the host uses Windows Autentication , do i have to have username and password ?