cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL Connection Issues

Capture.JPG

I am trying to connect to a remote Computer and access the SQL Server database through a VPN,
when i ping the host the connection is fine and works properly.
but when i try to connect to the sql running in the host"s pc i get connection error

17 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you dude,
what is RDC ? would you explain more in detail ? the host is using windows server but the firewall is off .

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i believe windows integrated security option does not require username and password

Sunil Chauhan
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

If your trying with your own SQL database installed machine then u can use both Windows /SQL authentication type and it should work and you can able connect via qliksense.  suppose if your trying to connect with  your office SQL server you need check the your manager/database team for the SQL authentication type , user credential (because windows authentication mode work won't work).

p.s:  windows authentication type will work only where u have installed SQL instance.

hope this helps to you

Regards,Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it needed the user and pass even if on the host pc it was windows authentication ,

Thank you so much

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it needed the user and pass even if on the host pc it was windows authentication ,

Thank you so much

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

User Name & Password is Not required if your using local machine (make sure u r machine a/c already added in sql instance during the installtion)

refer the sample o/p using windows authentication without logic credentials.

Untitled.png

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Hope it's clear now, help to close this thread by marking helpful and correct. Thanks Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks buddy