Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikviewforum
Creator II
Creator II

SQL query getting executed in DBMS but not in QlikView

Hi

I have few sql queries which I am using in the qlikview application to pull the required data. Problem is there are few queries which is not getting executed only in qlikview. All those queries which are not getting executed in qlikview, I am able to execute those queries in DBMS. It is something strange which I have come across.

Has anyone faced similar kind of problem before. May I know how to overcome from this problem please. It is very urgent!

Thanks

qvforum

2 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi qvforum,

Please can you explain in detail about the queries which are not executing? SQL queries which execute in Qlikview will not execute in QlikView. I mean these queries work on ODBC or OLE DB connection and they will fetch the data to QlikView. I understand that we write the SQL queries in QlikView but they dont get executed in QV Engine. Also, I am assuming that you are using "SQL" keyword at the beginning of the script?

I hope this helps!

Cheers - DV

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, It would be easier if you post your query here.

One of the possible problems is a duplicated field name.It will work just fine on some programs but it will generate an error on QV because this is against the associative logic.

Hope this helps,

Erich