Did you mean: 
WernerG1604
Contributor
Contributor

SUM aggregation function skips data rows with value "0"

Hi all,

I have a not too difficult table with 3 columns from a tool output:

timestamp, block, Error

there are different checks of the tool at one timestamp per block, thus a result can be (here just shown for one block:

timestamp, block, Error
t1, block_A, 0
t1, block_A, 1
t2, block_A, 0
t2, block_A, 0

I need to have the total number of errors over time (with time axis continuous) so I would need to add for t1 1+0 = 1 and for t2 0+0 = 0 and I'd like to plot that result

here the issue:
in the plot or table using timestamp & block as Dimensions and using sum(Error) the data shows up for all blocks that have for all time points at least 1 Error, but once we have 0 Errors the data is not shown (not in the table or the plot).
faking the data and using "0.000001" (a very small number) instead of "0" QlikView will show the correct plot and table.

Somehow I must be assuming something wrong coming from other prgramming languages vs. what Qlikview sum does in the chart/table

thanks for your help, Werner

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Qlikview automatically hides data where the result of all expressions is 0. You can change this in the 'Presentation' tab in the chart properties (See pictures below, slightly different per chart type).

Line chart:

Capture.PNG

Straight table:

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

WernerG1604
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

PERFECT - that did the job - THANK YOU!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Qlikview automatically hides data where the result of all expressions is 0. You can change this in the 'Presentation' tab in the chart properties (See pictures below, slightly different per chart type).

Line chart:

Capture.PNG

Straight table:

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps!

WernerG1604
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

PERFECT - that did the job - THANK YOU!