Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Chart with Date value in X-Axis

I am trying to build a scatter chart (bubble charts) where in dates values are in x-axis and sales values in y-axis. When I create in QV x-axis values shows only numbers. Can someone help me how can I show dates in x-axis? Attach a pic for reference.

Picture1.png

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

For Scatter chart both x and y axis should be expressions, but date is a dimension.

Instead of using Scatter you can go for either Bar or Line chart..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply...

I can create bar chart.. no issue.

But is there any way to create a chart as mentioned in the pic?

Not applicable
Author

Hello..

I got the solution, we can create a combo chart wherein in the expression tab select Symbols (any symbol as per your choice) and it works perfect.

Thanks for all your support.

prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution for this?

I too am looking for a way to have a date value on the x-axis....

MarcoWedel

not quite a new thread, but a solution might be:

QlikCommunity_Thread_221089_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_221089_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_221089_Pic3.JPG

table1:

LOAD RecNo() as ID,

Timestamp(Today()-Rand()*10) as Date,

Ceil(Rand()*100) as Value,

Ceil((Rand()+0.5)*100) as Momentum

AutoGenerate 30;

hope this helps

regards

Marco

prees959
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Marco,

This really looks like the solution I need - although I can't get it to fit my data.  I've attached a sample app where I am trying to achieve this in a GridChart (which probably isn't the best solution).  I need the month_year on the x-axis, the minimum cost on the y-axis and the size of the bubble on relating to the QTY purchased...

If you selected 'Gilmour D' as a salesperson, I would like to be able to see an equal spread on the y-axis :

gid_2.PNG

where the values would start on £14 going up in .50 increments £14.00, £14.50, £15.00 upto £19.50....

Is this possible?

Thanks again for any help/advice.

Phil

MarcoWedel

please open a new thread for this grid chart question as this thread is related to scatter charts.

thanks

regards

Marco