Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scatter Chart

Hello guys,

I only started with QlikView so please bear with some of my nooby question . So here it goes:

I was to construct a Scatter Chart in QlikView based on data from an Excel file. The data, if plotted as a Scatter with Straight Lines chart will look like the following :

scatter chart in excel.png

I used the same Excel to load the data into QlikView; Add a new chart object. Set the ColorBin field as the Dimensions, and UPrime and VPrime field as the x-axis and y-axis data respectively as the Expressions. But the Scatter Chart does not seemed to projects the chart as I would have expected.

scatter chart in qlikview.png

I might have missed out any settings but tried playing with it and still the results was not like how I wanted it to be. Hope that anyone could help pointing out on any parts that I might have missed.

Attached is the Excel file and the QlikView file as for your kind attention and review.

Thank you again for your kind attention.

- Khairul Anuar Azuddin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikVIew will create one dot per dimensional value, and you don't have a field for each dot. But if you create that in your script, e.g.

RecNo() as PointID

then it will work straight off.

HIC

Image1.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Khairul

You did correct till yet . After that follow these steps in the same chart property:

1. Select line chart from general tab.

2. After that go to Style tab and select any one look according to your need (which have 3D view option enable).

3. Now change value of Top Angle and Side Angle in 3D View option and apply.

May be its helpful for you.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Hello Ashutosh Sharma,

Thank you for your kind attention. I tried you suggestion but it still does not produce the chart that I desired.

I will keep trying.

Thank you again

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikVIew will create one dot per dimensional value, and you don't have a field for each dot. But if you create that in your script, e.g.

RecNo() as PointID

then it will work straight off.

HIC

Image1.png

Not applicable
Author

Hello Henric,

Thank you for your kind attention. Can you elaborate more?

Thank you

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric,

I see!

Thank you very much for your kind attention. I really appreciate it. Thank you

Regards,

Khairul

Not applicable
Author

Hi guys,

I have another question, is is possible to have two different types of data representation on a single scatter chart?

If you look at the scatter chart below, the data is represented as "Both lines and symbols". Now what I intended is that, the rectangular and circular representation as lines is fine as it is but it would be nice (also another of my boss's requirement ) the data plotted in between them (rectangles and circles, denoted as data 7A to 8B) is represented as symbols.

Appreciate any suggestions/insights/opinions on this matter. Thank you very much guys for your kind attention.

Not applicable
Author

bro if i want to add 1 mediam line into my scatter chart, can u teach me how to do it?

the below picture is my scatter chart.

new q.png

i would like to add 1 mediam line to solve every X-Axis point's median point and if can show the value too. A million thk if u know hw to solve it.