Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor

Schedule Task to run automatically in QMC

Hello All,

I am new to QlikView. I have a requirement to schedule a task to run automatically on every week saturday and 1st day of every  month based on data value change in DB table (for ex - date) . I don't want to go for EDX option.

Please let me know how to implement the above.

Regards

Anand

13 Replies
MarioCenteno
Creator III
Creator III

Thanks Rob.

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Rob,

Shall i download the file QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1.exe and copy it to my server? are there any changes that i have to do?

Regards

Anand

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, download and install where you are going to use it. No changes should be required.

-Rob

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am not able to trigger tasks via EDX in QMC. Please let me know, what i am missing or is there anything wrong in the  steps that i followed.

I have downloaded QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1 from Using EDX in QlikView 11  and configured the tasks in QMC as below

1. Task set to schedule on External Event in QMC

2. Entered password for the task

3. Downloaded QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1 from Using EDX in QlikView 11 and extracted the file s to to C:\Program Files (x86)\QMSEDX_CommandLine

4. Created batch file to trigger the task and saved the bacth file in C:\Program Files (x86)\

Batch file script :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1\QMSEDX.exe" -task="Report Name.qvw" -qms="QVServerName"  -password="XXXX"

5. I ran the batch scrip by double clicking on the file / right click run as administrator. The command line pop up page flickers and immediately disappeared.

6. The task did not run in QMC