Contributor
Contributor

Schedule Tasks automatically

Hello All,

Below is my requirement to automate jobs in QMC

• Daily Jobs scheduled to run at 3 am which will load QVD files
  • Completion of QVD file will run  Data Model
  • Completion of Data Model will run Daily Export jobs

• Weekly jobs (Export) has to run on every Saturday after completion of Data Model run
  • Monthly jobs (Export) has to run on 1st day of every month  after Completion of Data Model run

Note : Data Model will run daily. Weekly and Monthly (Export) jobs has to run after data model run completion only on Saturday and 1st day of month

If we make Data Model run completion as a trigger to initiate Weekly and Monthly jobs, then weekly and Monthly jobs will run daily which is incorrect. So currently we are running weekly and Monthly jobs Manually.

Please let me know solution to automate weekly and monthly jobs.

Highlighted in red to understand that in all  places i am referring to the same job.

Regards

Anand

8 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

rubenmarin

Hi Anand, with EDX the triggers can be customized:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

Another quick workaround can be setting a check at start of reload of monthly and weekly documents, if it's not saturday or day 1 exit script:

// Weekly check

IF Num(WeekDay(Today()))<>5 THEN

EXIT Script;

ENDIF

// Monthly check

IF Day(Today())<>1 THEN

EXIT Script;

ENDIF

The reload will be executed every day, but exits at start when conditions are not meet.

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your response

Let me try implementing above code

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Ruben,

The workaround will not work if i have to run the weekly or monthly file on demand from users.

I feel EDX will work for me. There is no QMSEDX program available to download from the  below link . Can you please provide me the same ASAP?  I have to implement the solution before this friday.

Schedule Task to run automatically in QMC | Qlik Community

Regards

Anand

rubenmarin

Hello Anand, at the end of the link I posted before there are some files to download, two of them are executables:

Using EDX in QlikView 11

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am not able to trigger tasks via EDX in QMC. Please let me know, what i am missing or is there anything wrong in the  steps that i followed.

I have downloaded QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1 from Using EDX in QlikView 11  and configured the tasks in QMC as below

1. Task set to schedule on External Event in QMC

2. Entered password for the task

3. Downloaded QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1 from Using EDX in QlikView 11 and extracted the file s to to C:\Program Files (x86)\QMSEDX_CommandLine

4. Created batch file to trigger the task and saved the bacth file in C:\Program Files (x86)\

Batch file script :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\QMSEDX_CommandLine_v1\QMSEDX.exe" -task="Report Name.qvw" -qms="QVServerName"  -password="XXXX"

5. I ran the batch scrip by double clicking on the file / right click run as administrator. The command line pop up page flickers and immediately disappeared.

6. The task did not run in QMC

rubenmarin

Hi Anand, sorry for delay, try setting -qms as:

http://ServerName_or_IP:4799/QMS/Service

To stop the window for closing you can set a "pause" command in the batch file, to check for possible errors.

There are interesting comments in the document that helps on how to configure it.

nandhuvji
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Issue has been resolved . Thanks!!