Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mario-sarkis
Creator II
Creator II

Schema

Dear ALL ,

It is just a technical question:

if I want to create two separated Star schema in a Dashboard on QLikvew is this will have impact on the performance or it will give wrong output or something?

Thank you

5 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Depends on exactly what you mean,

You can build two Star schema's, the effect on the performance would depend on Data size and System resources, but general rule the bigger the data size the more resources it needs.

As for wrong output really depends on how it is built, technically it can be done.

Mark

tulabandula
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

No,Qlikview performance is not going to depend only on the two data models exists in the dashboard hence it depends on the volume of the data,data model design and loading techniques etc...

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator

Hi Mario, As long as the star schemas are not linked at all using primary keys and completely independent, then they should not interact with one another to create ambiguous results. In terms of performance, it depends on how you are displaying the data from both schemas. The application will cache all objects on a sheet, and so two schemas instead of one might increase the amount of data cached to memory. In terms of CPU performance, if you are using variables hosted within objects using both schemas, a selection might impact charts from both schema sources, and increase CPU resource requirements. I must ask though, why would you want to do this when you can host them within separate applications? Hope this helps.

mario-sarkis
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Camelle Thank you for you reply.

Actually I can't build two applications coz I need a license view for each since I want to move it to production.

I will try two separate schemas since I don't need an interaction between both.

Thank you!

cmorri1988
Creator
Creator

Great,

I would recommend segregating each schema to their own sheets in order to minimise any impact to performance and any cross-overs.

Good luck