Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharankv
Contributor
Contributor

Screen Resolution to develop the reports for ipad compatibility

Hi everyone,

Can someone suggest me  what are the screen dimensions that are to be followed to view the qlikview reports in qlikview app(ipad) or through any browser?

Also is there any way to develop the qlikview reports for any screen dimensions that is compatible to both ipad and desktop as well? If so, please post the answer or the weblink which gives the corresponding information.

Thanks

Sharan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Build to the native iPad resolution - even though an iPad screen size is 1024 x 768 pixels, its native resolution is slightly smaller. The best resolution you can design QlikView application for is 980 x 590 with a tab row, and 980 x 610 without a tab row.

@

View solution in original post

9 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Sharan,

check this :

QlikView on iPad: Full Tour - YouTube

and what Kind of keyfob do you use?

beck

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If it is a new customer, consider using Qlik Sense instead.

With Sense you can re-use all your scripting and Set Analysis skills you know of QlikView but get responsive design by standard. No more figuring out the best screen size. Plus you can even use it on mobile phones if you like.

May you live in interesting times!
sharankv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Beck,

Thanks for the video. From this video, I came to know how are the selections and other operations to be done in Qlikview ipad. But my question is, to view the qlikview report in ipad, what is the screen dimensions to be followed?

I will be so thankful if you answer this.

Thanks

Sharan

sharankv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hey Onno Van,

Thanks for the suggestion. But it is the customer to develop the reports in Qlikview. So there is no chance in doing the same in Qlik Sense.

By the way, do you know the screen dimensions to be followed to develop the qlikview reports and to view the same in ipad?

Thanks

Sharan

Not applicable

Build to the native iPad resolution - even though an iPad screen size is 1024 x 768 pixels, its native resolution is slightly smaller. The best resolution you can design QlikView application for is 980 x 590 with a tab row, and 980 x 610 without a tab row.

@

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Sharan,

yeas of course, we try together to find the answer for your issue, one question: what do you mean with: Screen Dimension, We use almost every day ipads to Show our reports to our heads of departments, we designed our qlikview applications for: 980 X 610 (so you see your document without tabrows: depends on your requirements).

beck

sharankv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Beck,

When I say screen dimension, it means screen resolution and thanks for the response. The resolution you have provided me clears my issue.

Hope we will meet again with a new post.

sharankv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Arun,

Thanks for providing the solution and this clears my issue.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

If your question is now answered, please flag the Correct Answer (via the big "Correct Answer" button near every post) and Helpful Answers (found under the Actions menu under every post).

If not, please make clear what part of this topic you still need help with .

May you live in interesting times!