Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script Execution Process hangs when load finishes

Hi,

I am doing an incremental load where basically I am saving the newest data in a qvd and load the old data from another qvd. Then I just merge both qvds and remove any duplicate ones by looking at their IDs.

I am merging the qvds by doing this:

LET  q_Books= 'BooksOld.qvd';

Books:

NoConcatenate

LOAD *

FROM BooksNew.qvd (qvd);

Concatenate

LOAD *

FRom  BooksOld.qvd (qvd)

WHERE NOT(Exists(Ref_id));

STORE Books INTO '$(q_Books)';

Everything works good and the qvd is updated with the new data but as soon as the script finishes the 'script execution process' gets stuck and I have to force close the qvw.

Then I separated the storage of the new data in one qvw and the merging of the data in another qvw and everything worked fine and the 'script execution process' closed normally.

I really need both processes to be in the same qvw, does anyone know how to go about it please?

Thanks

11 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Kelly

Try loading the model in debug mode and reduce the number of rows loaded to 100 or 1000. If the model is failing because of a synkey, then it should be able to calculate the key with the reduced data set and finish successfully. Then you can check your data model to see where the problem is.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. Turned out I had a missing DROP TABLE statement!

All is working good now.

Thanks Again,

Kelly