Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Script Execution error..

Hi,Im new to qlikview, and encouter some problem here ...Thank you !@

Capture3.PNG

When I open the QV file for the project,will show this,i click on the cancel.

Capture4.PNG

Then it will start to execute the script for a very long time

Capture 1.PNG

After the script executing it will show that "Execution of scrpt failed.Reload old data?"

if i press No or yes or even cross it ,it will automatically close.and will become what it shows below (show below)

Capture 2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Do you want to open the app with the local client or over the server?

I have never seen a message like this before a reload started. I could imagine that this is customized message to a reload which is triggerred through an OnOpen trigger/macro. To check for it press the shift-key by opening the app which should deactivate them.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Welcome to Qlik world!

if u done any code changes then try to run as debug mode with limited load (100 rows ) option and it's easy to check and make sure your code fine then u can proceed to reload. before try to enable "Save Before option" and "generate log" option.

1) go to menu -->settings -->user preferences --> enable check box for "Save before report" //

1.JPG

2)settings --> document properties -->general --> "Generate log file" // it's used to analyze your script log info

2.JPG

Capture.JPG

If your doing development, try to copy the app into your local machine (make sure the dsn/data source able to access it or simply try with binary load ) instead accessing and reloading via network path (some time n/w may slow )

Thanks,
Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Devarasu ,

Thank you for the advice! So the Qv that have this problem unable to recover back?

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

During the reload if your app failed, then u r new changes won't be saved. but u still can open the app but new changes won't be there. Thanks

if all ok then you can help us to close the thread by marking as helpful and correct. Thanks

Regards,Deva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Its not during the reloadthat occur this problem,the problem  occurs when i open the QV and it will automatically close.

thats why i cant even open script to edit or do any action to it

thanks !

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

try to copy the file from server into your local machine and try to open it. based on your second screen shot i can see "script executing " so this screen will prompt during the reload the app.

note: you can also open from server and make sure once you opened press short cut key (control + E ) or edit script

ThanksDeva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I try the two method you ask me to do still unable to open the QV.

First screenshot appear when i open the QV,if i click cancel,ok,or cross it on the first screenshot,it will still automatically load the script.

thanks!

marcus_sommer

Do you want to open the app with the local client or over the server?

I have never seen a message like this before a reload started. I could imagine that this is customized message to a reload which is triggerred through an OnOpen trigger/macro. To check for it press the shift-key by opening the app which should deactivate them.

- Marcus

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

it looks like that there is a start reload on open the document trigger.

You can stop this by click and hold the shift-button on open the document.

Then go to properties/document properties/triggers and deactivate on open triggers

Qlik link fields by same name in different tables, but there is a warning if there are more than one link between two tables.

So upload your document or the document log that we can check.

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you!!It  works