Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Script If ApplyMap

Hi

In the QV script I have the below 2 functions that seem to work ok, but I'm actually trying to combine them so I can put a list feild on the page that will drill the charts accordingly.

ApplyMap ('ratm', [Rate Code] )as [Structured or Unstructured],

if(mid(Opics,6,2)<>'AL','Unstructured','Annuity') as Annuity,

What I would like it to say is , if the mid digits in 'OPICS' is AL call it Annuity, if its not go to map and apply accordingly , call this result [Structured/Unstructured]

I have tried many combinations but I think it should look something like this but its just not working

if(mid(Opics,6,2)<>'AL','Annuity',ApplyMap(ratm',[Rate Code])) as [ Structured or Unstructured],

Can anyone please help ?

Thanks Anne

Tags (4)
5 Replies
Highlighted
vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

Script If ApplyMap

Assuming you copied-and-pasted verbatim, I think it's just a syntax error. Try this instead:

if(mid(Opics,6,2)='AL','Annuity',ApplyMap('ratm',[Rate Code])) as [Structured/Unstructured]

If this doesn't work, then most likely you have a problem with your map. Please provide more details on what's failing exactly.

Regards,

Not applicable

Script If ApplyMap

Hi Vlad,

This worked perfect , am I right to say my only issue with how I wrote is it by using <> rather than = ?

Thanks

Anne

vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

Script If ApplyMap

Well no, not really, that was just a personal preference on my part. Your problem is that you were trying to make the output 2 fields instead of 1 (called [Structured or Unstructured] and Annuity). For your purposes this doesn't work.

Not applicable

Script If ApplyMap

So it was the "OR" in the Structured Unstructured column ?

I should not use these and try / instead ?

Thanks

vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

Script If ApplyMap

Anne,

You were trying to create a field called [Structured or Unstructured]. Then, in you IF statement, you were using the word "Unstructured" (having absolutely nothing to do with the field you created). It doesn't work that way. You can apply a map conditionally, it just has to be done within 1 declaration. Or with a preceding load. For example:

LOAD
if(myfield3='ABC','ABC',myfield2) as finaloutput
LOAD
applymap('mymap',myfield1) as myfield2
;

Regards,

Community Browser