cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script lost/Script reload disabled when opening file from Server

Dear Community,

I once again need your help.

My issue is the following: when QlikView Publisher distributes a Document (e.g. from the Development folder to the User folder), the Document in the User folder does not contain a script.

After doing some research, I learned that this is expected behavior by the Publisher, that after reloading the source file, the copies in the User folder don't contain the script anymore. So far so good.

To circumvent this, I manually copied my source file into the user docs folder. Now there are the following scenarios:

When opening the file on the server itself via "Open File": Script is there, can be reloaded

When opening the file on the server via "Open File From Server" (localhost): no script, can not be reloaded

When opening the file from another computer via "Open File From Server": no script, can not be reloaded

I therefore suspect that, no matter whether the file was distributed by the Publisher, if you open a file via the "Open File From Server" functionality, QlikView strips the Script out of the file - is this the intended behavior? Is it a setting that can be changed (if so, where)?

All the best and thanks in advance,

Hans

0 Replies