Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script recovering

Hello,

I had a transfer from Win XP to Win 7 and I was forced to instal qlikview again (private version). Now, I can not open any of my previous files. Layout, desing and data are NOT the problem, but I would like to get my load script. It is locked in those file and I do not have idea how to access to it.

In normal cases, I am backup freak, but last night... I just forgot to save code in some notepad file... I have many files but I would like to access to three...

Any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've used Rob Wunderlich's Document Analyser to process your Qlikview document. The contents can be found in the attached zip file. It contains a bit more than just the script (see script.qvs). Maybe you can use some of it.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If it's only three files, they're not too big and you're willing to share them, post them here. If somebody doesn't beat me to it, I'll try to extract the scripts for you.

Not applicable
Author

It is not a problem, but I was not able to upload it on qlikview server. If you follow this link you will find one of them.

'LINK REMOVED BY AUTHOR'

The data is not important (it is not accurate). This file converts access database to qvd then group same data by some conditions and dimensions. The important part is "standardisation", because I have table names, paths, column names etc. in script.

This file is cca 2 MB. Second is cca 3MB and third is 26MB

Thank you very much for your help.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I've used Rob Wunderlich's Document Analyser to process your Qlikview document. The contents can be found in the attached zip file. It contains a bit more than just the script (see script.qvs). Maybe you can use some of it.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you

You saved my day. I can use this code for other files. I need to change few things and I do not want to bother you any more. Thanks a lot