Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cranium144
Creator
Creator

Section Access Document Open Fails From QVS Auto-Reload

I've been able to get Section Access to work.  When I am using QV to edit the dashboard, it reloads just fine.  When QVS performs a reload, I received an error.  It's something about the username and password, which I thought I had set correctly.  All the other non Section Access documents reload just fine through QVS.  The error is below:

The task "Outside Sales - TEST.qvw" failed. Part of the log file follows:

1/6/2015 3:20:43 PM Error Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.
1/6/2015 3:20:43 PM Error The document failed to open. Bad Username and password is the most likely cause of this problem.
1/6/2015 3:20:44 PM Error Document could not be opened
1/6/2015 3:20:44 PM Error The task "Outside Sales - TEST.qvw" failed. Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.FailedDocumentCheckoutException: Failed to check out document with path: D:\Documents\Outside Sales - TEST.qvw at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using NT security you may have to include the service account the QDS service runs as in the section access table. At least that's what these three discussion suggest:

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you enable the option Section Access on the Reload tab for the document in the QMC and enter a user name and password?

cranium144
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. I have tried domain\username and just username. I receive the same error.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using NT security you may have to include the service account the QDS service runs as in the section access table. At least that's what these three discussion suggest:

DanielCM
Contributor
Contributor

How can I fix this issue, I have a sectin access and I include the NT Administrator account bu still having the issue.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, GROUP
ADMIN, MXRITQKV11\DAN, A
ADMIN, MXRITQKV11\ADMINQVIEW A
ADMIN, TEVACORP\DCORDOVA, A
ADMIN, TEVACORP\PRODRIGUEZLONGHI, A
USER, TEVACORP\SCORDOBA, B
USER, TEVACORP\NLODOLA02, A
USER, TEVACORP\MCERDEIRA, A
USER, TEVACORP\LFRUGONE, A
USER, TEVACORP\PZANATTA, A