Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
villegasi03
Creator
Creator

Section Access Property

Is there a way to check that the section access properties are set on a QVW within the load script? If this is possible, I wanted to use this as an additional check before distribution

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

So to answer fully, yes you can test the checkboxes.

You need to create the -prj folder

Creating prj Folder

Then read in the docproperties.xml

DocProperties:

LOAD

DynamicReduceData,

StrictDynamicReduction,

InitialSelection,

%Key_DocProperties_A4A6ED072BE66637    // Key for this table: DocProperties

FROM [.\test-prj\DocProperties.xml] (XmlSimple, Table is [DocProperties]);

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

21 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

It might be possible if you create a -prj folder one of the properties xml files might have it in there which you could read in, but I am not 100% sure

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If the section access table is set in a the normal script, and not in the hidden script, then yes, you can see that just using the script editor and searching for section access.

If it is on the hidden script or it is a published application (which never has a script on it) there is no way of knowing whether section access is being used unless you try with headers or a different computer and you get this "Access denied" or a prompt for userid and password.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I was assuming it was the "checkbox" properties rather than the access tables

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Could well be, it stuck to the "within the load script" part. Still, you could use section access but not check for initial selection or exclusion based on section access values if you just want to protect who can open the file, but all users have access to the same set of data.

villegasi03
Creator
Creator
Author

Adam, Yes that is correct. I am specifically concerned with the "checkbox" properties.

villegasi03
Creator
Creator
Author

Miguel,

Exactly! This is what we are trying to avoid. I mean I can add user tables and go through all of the normal scripting to set this all up but at the end of the day if that box is not checked then there is a risk of exposing data.

villegasi03
Creator
Creator
Author

I assume that the application somewhere in the background checks for this parameter. I noticed in the log files certain parameters are already being checked since I can see that these are either set to a '1' or '0'. I am wondering if this maybe the same for this property checkbox but its just not showing in the log file.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok if you create a prj folder and get the docproperties.xml I am pretty sure it is these two:

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Checking in your script for an upcoming data reduction (only applied after a reload, when the document is first opened) is probably tricky. Maybe this can be done by calling a macro function in a dummy LOAD statement.

In the end, this is a purely document-related property.