Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Section Access: Restrict a user, to see only one sheet

Hello All,

I have a dashboard with 5 tabs. Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, Sheet4, Sheet5.

I want to restrict one AD user named "Analyst1" to view only sheet3 and all other sheets should be hidden when he opens the dashboard from Access Point.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
V.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I am attaching a file which I worked long back, I made you the admin for this dashboard. When you open the file it will ask for the password and type it as "vish".

There is a hidden script and to open that the password is "admin".

Basically when you open the file with your ID, you will see three tabs. when you login as "david" you will see only two tabs. Sheet1 was hidden for David and that is the reason you see two tabs for him. Hope this helps....

View solution in original post

11 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I am attaching a file which I worked long back, I made you the admin for this dashboard. When you open the file it will ask for the password and type it as "vish".

There is a hidden script and to open that the password is "admin".

Basically when you open the file with your ID, you will see three tabs. when you login as "david" you will see only two tabs. Sheet1 was hidden for David and that is the reason you see two tabs for him. Hope this helps....

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III
Author

Thanks Thirumala. Will try and get back if any questions. Appreciate you time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Vish,

I wondered why I couldn't see your response in my link yesterday :-).  I didn't realise you were directing me to another question.

where you have nothing under the OMIT column.  does this mean the user can see everything?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Laura,

Couple of hours back I did responded to your other thread with this link.

Under the OMIT column if there is nothing then the user can see everything. Please take a note for David I have 'SALES'. Meaning David will not see the column 'SALES'.

Hope this helps...

Anonymous
Not applicable

still not working.  can you please take a look at my .qvw file!

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I am not able to open the file and I am getting the below error:

Access denied to the Qlikview document

Also the file is too big, can you please make a small sample and post it so that, it will be easy to test it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok.  try this

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Have you created FLAG for specific sheet and USER??

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable

Hi Nagaraju,

section Access;

Load * inline  [

Access,UserID,Password,SHEETID

ADMIN,TEST1,TEST1,*

USER1,USER1,USER1,SH01

USER2,USER2,USER2,SH02

];

In document properties, select initial reduction based on section access

In general of your sheet tavb  check conditional  count( 'SH01')>1