Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kostiskampouris
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access and ajax client

Hello again fellow experts.

Recently I starded dealing with section access.

I changed a document(with one cal allocated)  and added section access with the users (admin,user1...user5).I noticed that for every user in section access one document cal is allocated so I changed back the users to total 2 (admin and user1 ) but the Document CALs not allocated on server remained the same number and not grow up as expected.What am I missing here?shouldnt the free cals increase after the

reduce of the users?

The second question is regarding the "admin" user and the ajax client.I can not log in to the document from ajax client with the credentials of the admin (where I can as user1) but I can normaly connect as admin when I open the document from the qlikview server.

Is the admin user necessary?would it be wise to change the admin to say user2?And will I be able to make changes if the admin user is missing?

My goal is to have 2 users who the connect only with ajax client  where the user1 will be able to se only one coutry and the second all countries?

My section access script is:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REGION

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,

USER, USER1, U1, ROMANIA

];

Section Application;

Thank you in advance for your help

5 Replies
jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

you should set the region '*' for admin user like below:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REGION

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,*

USER, USER1, U1, ROMANIA

];

Section Application;

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

please pay attention that * means, all region in section access.

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

You can removed assign's cal in qlikview server

kostiskampouris
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello ervin,

If I set the region as '*' for the admin user then the only thing that will change is that the admin user will be able to see the listed in the section access regions.I dont think that will have any affect in the log in procedure in the ajax client.

Please correct me if I a am wrong.

kostiskampouris
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

In the the qlikview server the assigned cals are 1 as it should be.I dont wont to remove that cal.

In the section access I used to have 6 users so the cals that were allocated to the document were 6users x1 cal=6 cals

Now that I changed the users from 6 to 2 I should get 2users x 1 cal =2 cals although I am missing 6 cals from the free ones....