Not applicable

Section Access for NTuser different behaviour in desktop and Web version

Hi,

i am writng an section access to hide and show sheets

in my script editor, it looks like following :

24-11-2011 2-55-12 PM.jpg

for the sheet i set the show sheet conditional like this :

24-11-2011 3-01-12 PM.jpg

It works fine in my Qlikview desktop version. But when i put it to Qlikview Web Access, It does'nt work well after i press clear all button. You can c before and after i clear the Clear All button. and i suspect that something to do with the selection?

Before

24-11-2011 2-52-17 PM.jpg

After

24-11-2011 2-53-45 PM.jpg

How come like this? and any solution to achieve hide and show that good fit with Qlikview Web Access?

I appreciate you can suggest me the best way for achieving it.

Best Regards,

Jeffrey

3 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

on documeent properties did u check intial data reduction based on section access

and uncheck strict exclusion

instead of writing Sh12 <>0  u can write count('Sh01')>0

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Thank for your reply. i have enable that option.

29-11-2011 12-50-40 PM.jpg

But when i change the sheet condition to ur syntax :  write count('Sh01')>0, it seen no working.

29-11-2011 12-47-03 PM.jpg

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Jeffrey On the Doc Settings Opening tab tick the Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access not the Initial Selection Based on Section Access.

Then your syntax of SH12<>0 would also work.

Be very carefull when unticking the Strict Exclusion. If it is unticked and there is no data in the model for the user to see the user will be shown all the data instead of being denied access to the document! By default the ADMIN user opens the model with Strict Exclusion "unticked" ie if they cannot see any data they see all data. However if you are opening the model via the web there is no such thing as a ADMIN user. All users have an access type of USER.