Creator III

Section Access in Publisher?

Hello!

I have my application where there is a ListBox with 4 values:

• General
  • Table by Category
  • Table by Employee
  • Ranges/Phases

If a select a value, it shows me particular information for that value (mostly tables and charts) and the other stuff for the rest of the values just hide.

For example, if I select "Table by Employee", I see:

• A table with all the Employees that work in a particular Office and the number of clients they have served. Something like:
    • Office 1     -     John         -         85
    • Office 1     -     Sam         -         49
    • Office 2     -     Sophie      -         53
    • Office 3     -     Barbara     -         67

And I want to apply the Section Access to the value "Table by Employee", in order to show me ONLY the Offices and Employees depending on the User I'm logged in.

For example, I'm going to have some kind of list like the following:

• User1   -   Office1 // User1 should only see the info for Office 1 (when "Table by Employee" is selected)
  • User2   -   Office2 // User2 should only see the info for Office 2 (when "Table by Employee" is selected)
  • User3   -   Office3 // User3 should only see the info for Office 3 (when "Table by Employee" is selected)

Is there any way to do this? By limitating the model only when I select the value I mentioned ("Table by Employee") and for a particular User that is going to be using the application.

I'm working in a Server with this app and I was told that maybe a good way to implement this is to do it with the QlikView Publisher. Is it better to do it there than in the QVW file? How could I do that?

Thank you!!!

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi, I personally don't think you need to implement this via a Publisher. Can be done using a very simple Section Access solution in your qvw.

Steps:

Have an excel file with 2 sheets. The 1st sheet contains

UserID                              SecKey

<domain>/username          1001

<domain>/username          1002

2nd sheet contains this

SecKey          Table By Employee

1001                Office1

1002                Office2

And then include the script attached here.

Switch on the Intial data reduction in your Opening tab in the Document Properties. You should get what you want.

Thanks,

Ram

microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for you answer, but what I want to filter that information ONLY when I select the value "Table by Employee" from a ListBox object (in code it would be KEY_OPTION=3).

So if KEY_OPTION=3 (that means if the value I want is selected) then filter the information...

But is there any way to apply an IF condition before I make the filter with the Section Access?

Not applicable

I don't think I understand you here. The purpose of Section Access and Reduction is not to choose anything explicitly to initiate reduction, rather it is supposed to happen at the time of opening the document. All other filters happen naturally as you say within Qlikview.