Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

hrobertsonqv
Not applicable

Section Access not working as expected

I have added the following Section Access under Hidden Script ( I have removed filenames here), but after reload, all users can see all datasets.  This has worked before in another QV document but not this time.

Under Settings > Document Properties > Server, the 'Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access' is also ticked.

Is there something else I need to do to get this section access to work correctly?

//Security

SECTION ACCESS;

LOAD NTNAME,
     [ACCESS]
FROM
[\\XXXXXXXXXXXX.xls]
(biff, embedded labels, table is [Step 1$]);

SECTION APPLICATION;

Star is *;


LOAD NTNAME,
     [Business Unit]
FROM
[\\XXXXXXXXXXX.xls]
(biff, embedded labels, table is [Step 2$]);

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rajni_batra
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

Document properties> Opening Sheet > Initial data reduction based on section access(check this option)

Hope this helps!!!

6 Replies
rajni_batra
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

Document properties> Opening Sheet > Initial data reduction based on section access(check this option)

Hope this helps!!!

hrobertsonqv
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

Many thanks - that has done the trick!!

hrobertsonqv
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

Many thanks - that has done the trick!!

hrobertsonqv
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

Many thanks - that has done the trick!!

hrobertsonqv
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

Many thansk for your prompt response

rajni_batra
Not applicable

Re: Section Access not working as expected

most welcome...