Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access restricting visibility to data

Hi

I have setup Section Access for our Monthly Sales Report. I have managed to restrict access by Account Manager but I also want to restrict visibility for a particular user/group of users so that they cannot see sales/budget values only volumes. I have tried reading the post on Section Access on the forum and all the sub sections of this but I can't find a scenario that matches what I need to do. Is it possible to do what I want?

sec1.JPG

This is my Section Access file as it stands at the moment and it works as I expect it to, restricting the users to products linked to their StockBDM code.

What I want to do is restrict the user JessicaPace to only be able to select volumes from this selection option.

sec3.JPG

and this is the script to display the above.

sec2.JPG

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steve.

23 Replies
Colin-Albert

The key to Section Access is UPPERCASE.

The field names & data within the fields needs to be uppercase for section access to work.

Have a look at these examples QlikView Section Access Examples

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

Try to use OMIT in this case like

NTNAME ,OMIT

TSL\JESSICAPACE, Sales value

TSL\JESSICAPACE,cost value

TSL\JESSICAPACE,Margin value

etc, list all fields in separate rows which you do not want to give and

Load this file from your excel within section access and application.

Also make sure all FIELD Names in UPPER CASE

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin

Thanks but that is not the problem I am having. My Section Access works as it is at the moment but how do I only allow Jess to select volumes and not values from the Metrics list by using my Section Access spreadsheet?

Thanks Steve

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I didn't think that was the case?

The NT and access need to be in uppercase but I thought fields and data could be any case?

Certainly that is how it is working in our V12 environment, example of our control table:

Capture.PNG

Colin-Albert

That's good if v12 is not so critical on uppercase - I have not checked v12 specifically.

It has always been from v8.5 when I started with QlikView, that the golden rule for Section Access was uppercase, uppercase and if in doubt uppercase.

Part of it depends how the data is loaded. If loading from inline tables then the SA data is loaded as uppercase automatically. If loading from a database then you need to check the case of the field names and data.

Colin-Albert

To hide data from specific users then you will need to use the OMIT option as sasi k suggested.

Remember that other expressions in your charts may fail if the field they require has been omitted

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Agreed, uppercase, uppercase uppercase

However V12 seems more forgiving, I might be mistaken but the above code is certainly working for us

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I've added the OMIT field to my Section Access spreadsheet, and included the OMIT field in the load, but it still allows me to select the Sales Value and displays the data when logged in as Jess.

sec4.JPG

sec5.JPG

Is there something I've done wrong?

Thanks Steve.

Colin-Albert

Try changing the Sales Value field to be uppercase both in the data model and in the OMIT column?