Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access restricting visibility to data

Hi

I have setup Section Access for our Monthly Sales Report. I have managed to restrict access by Account Manager but I also want to restrict visibility for a particular user/group of users so that they cannot see sales/budget values only volumes. I have tried reading the post on Section Access on the forum and all the sub sections of this but I can't find a scenario that matches what I need to do. Is it possible to do what I want?

sec1.JPG

This is my Section Access file as it stands at the moment and it works as I expect it to, restricting the users to products linked to their StockBDM code.

What I want to do is restrict the user JessicaPace to only be able to select volumes from this selection option.

sec3.JPG

and this is the script to display the above.

sec2.JPG

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Steve.

23 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Care to post the password for the Hidden Script? I think that is where the magic happens that glues together your logic.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Steve, I think the best way forward towards a solution for you is to link the Data Island table AdHocMetrics to your SA user definitions. You won't have to change anything else in your document, just link the allowed metrics to the User definitions in SA. Data reduction will do the rest.

In essence, it boils down to the following steps:

• Add another link field to your SA table that either identifies the current user, or - if groups of users should be able to see the same set of metrics - the user group. Let's select the latter and define three groups: MNGMNT, DPTHEAD, EMP. Note that you will be able to define users to belong to multiple groups, but the group with the large metrics set will prevail.
  • In Section Application, create a table that maps each user group to a range of metrics. The table has two fields: first one is the new field from the SA table, second one is the first field from your AdHocMetrics table.
  • Add all connections in this table, either from an external file to be able to experiment with the assignments, or INLINE if everything is fixed.
  • Reload.

I'm guessing that this is how the logic is implemented in Sasi k's example, but I don't have access to the hidden script so I can't verify.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi All

Many thanks for all your help and comments. The section access I currently have in place has been deemed sufficient, and restricting access by the %Metrics is no longer necessary so please count this as closed. No further help is required.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

FYI: the line below the title in your original post contains an option to mark this thread as "Assumed Answered". Closes the thread but assigns no points.