Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi there Qlikview community,

I am having some problems on using section access in order to give certain views to different users.

my hidden script table is shown above

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,                       USERID,                         PASSWORD,                    VALIDATORUNIT

nkavroulakis,   nkavroulakis,   george55, BM200

TestUser,             TestUser,                       1234,                               BV50

];

All my records in VALIDATORUNIT are uppercase but still not loading any data at all.....
Any ideas????

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Thanks for this example.

I did an export of your data (a single table called Validators_Boundaries) to a file called VB.QVD. Then I made a new model with some listboxes, and a script that does two things:

1. Load the SA INLINE table (missing from your example qvw) with the code from your comment immediately above mine.

2. Perform a LOAD of VB.QVD

Enabled both "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion".

This model works without a problem. See the attachment, this one has a disabled SA. To test it yourself, make a copy of this file (like "TestSA Secured.qvw") enter the script and remove the comment markers from the first line. Reload, save the qvw, restart QV and load the new file. Use the above credentials (in UPPER CASE) to enter the newly secured model.

You didn't forget to put Section Application; somewhere in your original script by any chance?

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

17 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

The ACCESS column should have the value ADMIN or USER.

HIC

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Data in column "ACCESS" must be one of USER or ADMIN. Other values will cause those rows to be ignored.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Still not working although altered my script like this:

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS,                       USERID,                         PASSWORD,                    VALIDATORUNIT

ADMIN,   nkavroulakis,             kavros14,

USER,             TestUser,                       1234,                               BV50

];

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Remember, Section access tables won't show up in your document. They will grant/refuse access, reduce data if needed, manage initial selections and so on. But you will never see a table containing usernames and passwords.

"...but still not loading any data at all..." What exactly is happening in your document? Is everything reduced away?

Best,

Peter

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Do you get all data or no data?

Make sure that

1. Document properties -> Opening -> Initial data reduction etc. is set
  2. All field names and all field values in Section Access are upper case

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Yes it is propable reduces all information away.....and leaves it blank

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Are you sure you have fields with identical names in both Section Access and outside to link your SA to the rest of the data?

See also Henric's remarks about case below.

Peter

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

A good debugging method is to just comment out the "Section Access" statement. Then you will get the section access table as a normal table and you can often see what goes wrong.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Yes its alla set in document properties still no results