Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi All

I have a fully functional script which loads data from numerous sources and is working perfect.

However, I am now trying to add some section access script in. I am doing this in a hidden script.

I have a excel table with my users in and passwords and that looks like below:

ACCESSUSERIDPASSWORDIBNRCLS2
USERAFLOWER2015MTR
ADMINALYNCH1988LIAB
USERHFRANKLIN2014MTR

All i want my script to do is the following:

1. On Opening of the dashboard prompt for USERID & PASSWORD
  2. When AL Logs in then only show results for LIAB which is a subfield under the Field IBNRCLS2

So my script looks like this

SECTION Access;

LOAD

ACCESS,

USERID,

PASSWORD,

IBNRCLS2

FROM

[QS:\Indemnity Performance\Functional - Claims Insight\Exception Reporting\Qlikview Testing\Andrew Data\Section Access Test\Passwords.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

and my document properties look like this

Capture.JPG

Im having two problems with this.

1. Its not working. I is not prompting me for any USERID or Password and is not filtering the results
  2. When i try to reload my script it fails saying that im missing a field from one of my tables which im not.

Can someone Help me please. I have read the document in relation to section access.

Also it is worth mentioning that I am using personal addition and not server.

Thanks

Andrew

4 Replies
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi there,

Do you close the Section Access code zone with SECTION Application?

Like this:

SECTION Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, ACCESS, ROL

'USERSAD\isorinru', USER, 'ROL DEMARCACION'

];

SECTION Application;

Regards,

Sorin.

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

Andrew,

Sorin's script should work. However, you may need to setup an additional PASSWORD field in your SECTION access script if you need an explicit password (without connecting to your Active Directory).

Link below should provide you good insight about SECTION access.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5917

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Andrew,

Which field is it saying is missing on reload?  If it is one of the fields in the Section Access spreadsheet then that table will not load and effectively there will be no Section Access.

Section Access is very picky about field names.  It is good practice to ensure that all field names and values appear in upper case; with IBNRCLS2 and LIAB it would appear you have this covered.

Not sure what you mean by a 'subfield under the field'.  Is this a comma separated list or something?  If so, you will need to split the values out into an associated table and do the section access on this.

The fact you are using Personal Edition should not have a bearing on whether Section Access works or not.

One last thing on Section Access, be aware you can lock yourself out of your own document.  I would recommend reading this:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/help-ive-locked-myself-out/

Hope that helps,

Steve

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Andrew,

Check below script for implementing Section Access in Qlikview, if this script is working then load data from your excel file instead of Inline load.

Note: The column names are case sensitive in Qlikview.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, REDUCTION

ADMIN, Admin, password, *

USER, Sales, password1, 1

USER, Market, password1, 2

];

Section Application;

star is *;

Departments:

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION, Dept,

1, Sales

2, Marketing];

Sales:

LOAD * INLINE [

Dept, Sales

Sales, 100

Sales, 200

Sales, 4646

Sales, 755

Sales, 422

Sales, 42

Marketing, 2

Marketing, 453

Marketing, 54

Marketing, 45

];

When you login as Admin, you can see all data in the dashboard, when you login as Sales then you can see only Sales data and when you login as Market you can see only Marketing data.

User and password details for this application is

User Name     Password

Admin,           password

Sales,            password1

Market,          password1

Note: You need to select Document Properties -> Opening tab -> and select Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access option

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.