cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access

Hi All,

I hope you all had a great weekend,

I ran into a doubt regarding Section Access in binary load.

I am using a binary load to load the data model and data from a Trial QVW and I am creating different objects in another application called KPI.

Now I have two questions?

A. The trial QVW application already has the section access script, so do I need to rewrite the script in KPI Application?

B. If yes, then how should I add the hidden script in my KPI application?

Thanks,

Bikash

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Bikash,

To the first question, the binary load loads the data, not script nor objects. So any piece of script you need, you will have to write it from scratch.

To the second, there's no need to set the section access in a hidden script. However, in my point of view, it makes a lot of sense. If you create a hidden script, make sure binary is in the first line of it, because this part of the script is always the first to be loaded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Bikash,

To the first question, the binary load loads the data, not script nor objects. So any piece of script you need, you will have to write it from scratch.

To the second, there's no need to set the section access in a hidden script. However, in my point of view, it makes a lot of sense. If you create a hidden script, make sure binary is in the first line of it, because this part of the script is always the first to be loaded.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I have tried it and it workds great.

Thanks again,

Bikash