Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Acess and Reload by Console

Hi everybody,

I want to implemate a section access in a QlikView document, but i have a issue with the Reload by Console. I've done the next test.

Test 1 : Reload QV Document by Console with Section Access in Comment..... Test Ok and I can open my document on the server

Test 2 : Reload QV Document by Console document with Section Access in Uncomment...... Test OK  and I can open my document on the server

Test 3 : Reload QV Document by Console document with Section Access in Uncomment after Test 2...... Test KO, but I can always open my document on the server !!!!! 😲

How to schedule a task that reload a QV document when this QV document already has a section access ?

Thanks at all for your answers ?

16 Replies
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Below my script Section_Access

SectionAccess.JPG

joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

hI @Fanch,

The account that runs the QlikView services is added as ADMIN in the section access table. 

ADMIN DOMAIN\QVWSERVICEACCOUNT,

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Joseph

Add ADMIN, DOMAIN\QVWSERVICEACCOUNT,     in Section Access

Load by QV Document ok

Open QV Document ok

Load by Console ko (Tasks Logs : (18/03/2020 09:23:44) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.)

The name QVWSERVICEACCOUNT is generic for all docuemnts ?

joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Fanch,

The QVWSERVICEACCOUNT is the account of the user who runs the QlikView services on your server. Check on your server in Service which is the user.

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Joseph,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I found the name who runs the QlikView services on your server. : QVSVCFANCH for example

Add the account QVSVCFANCH in my section access as below

SectionAccess2.JPG

Reload QV Document ok

Open QV Document ok

Verify in Document Properties\Opening that "Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access" is validated ok

Test Reload by Console ko with always the same error (18/03/2020 15:55:09) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password

😥

joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Fanch,

You can try placing the account of the user who runs the services in QMC-> User Documents-> App-> Reload. Check Section Access.

data protection.png

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Joseph,

i've done this changes in QMC-> User Documents-> App-> Reload.... Without Success

joseph_morales
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Fanch 

In the DOMAIN part, are you putting your corresponding domain? or are you leaving it as DOMAIN? Remember that it is your data from your environment.

Best Regards,
Joseph Morales
Fanch
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Verify domain .... ok

Always ko load by Console