Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
puneetagarwal
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Section Acess in Qlikview

Hi All,

We are trying to apply section access at row-level. We've written the NTName and Access and in an excel and loaded in the script for the user and the admin. later we have Enable the check box for "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" from Document Properties.

The Issue is when we are trying to login with user at access point and check the dashboard its not getting logged in and we are getting logged out of QlikView automatically.

Can someone please let me know what is to be done?

Regards,

Puneet Agarwal

23 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

would you be able to put the section access after an exit script, reload, scramble the data and attach the app ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Puneeth,

The below link will helps you, to get fair understating about the Section Access concept.

QlikView Section Access Examples

Thanks,

Venkata Sreekanth

puneetagarwal
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Venkata

But i did not get my answer in that document.

Thanks,

Puneet

puneetagarwal
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Youssef,

I kept it at the start of the edit script through excel and later enabled the data reduction.

Thanks,

Puneet

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Actually I was wondering if you would be able to attach the document the way I described above ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you are using data reduction within the data model (not by using the "Initial reduction based on.." property in the document settings), make sure all users have values in such fields that have a matching value in the data model, otherwise you could be locked out.

In case you are using it, it's worth noting that the "*" in section access means all values in section access table but not all possible values in data model.

Also, the NTNAME is always in the form of DIR\USER where

• DIR is either
    • the name of the DSC (when using DMS authorization) as set in the QMC > Directory Service Connectors
    • the name of the domain in Windows (when using NTFS)
  • USER is the username according to the security system in place (SSO, AD, etc.)

Comment your section access, create a new text object in the application with the function

=OSUser()

and make sure that the value returned is exactly what you are using in the field NTNAME section access table.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi mbaeyens

above you were talking about "strict exclusion", right ?

puneetagarwal
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes Youssef.

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

ok, i was asking this question to Miguel because he was talking about being locket out if the value don't match between the section access and the data present on the model, and I didn't see "strict exclusion".. and I know that it is only the strict exclusion that can do this