Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section access help

Hello Team,

I have applied Qlik view section access as below. the password is 123

The data on each tab is not excluded as per the section access with users given below.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, upper(GU) as GU, upper(OG) as OG

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN

USER, USER1, U1, ICEG,RES

USER, USER2, U2, UNITED STATES,OTHER

USER, USER3, U3, ASEAN,PRD

USER, USER3, U3, ANZ,CMT

];

Section Application;

Please can you help me to understand why it is not working?

Regards,

Savithri

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this way

Section Access;

LOAD ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, upper(GU) as GU, upper(OG) as OG INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, GU, OG

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,,

USER, USER1, U1, ICEG,RES

USER, USER2, U2, UNITED STATES,OTHER

USER, USER3, U3, ASEAN,PRD

USER, USER3, U3, ANZ,CMT

];

Section Application;

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No. its not working.Can you please help?
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is a Design Blog link that may be of some help to you in sorting things out on your own, there are some further links to other posts in this one as well at the bottom.  Oh, if you are expecting data reduction to work, be sure in the Settings\Document Properties\Opening tab settings you have the Initial Data Reduction checked as well as the Strict Exclusion, the latter is necessary to ensure everything works properly or locks someone out if there is any doubt on things.  Be sure you keep a copy of the app without Section Access enabled just in case you lock yourself out! 🙂

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Oh, I meant to add one other troubleshooting step I use sometimes too, if you comment out just the Section Access line in the script and let the table load without that statement, it will become part of the visible table structure, so you can then use list boxes etc. to make selections and see if things are actually reducing they way you expect or not, most of the time this will show you something you cannot see otherwise that will give you a clue as to why it is not working properly.  Sorry I forgot to mention it in the other post, hopefully this will help too.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.