Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Section access issue in accesspoint

Hi Guys

Need one help in qlikview section access.

I have implemented section access which is working when i open the file in server but when i open the same file through access point, I am getting error - Failed to open the doc, access denied.

Can anyone help in this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

In the same place as you manage all other section access for the
application.

Usually an excel file or a database, but it could also be hard coded into
the script.

-Vegar

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Three initial questions.
Do you have a QlikView Publisher?
Are you using the same user credentials in Accesspoint as in desktop?
Do you have a valid USERCAL or DOCCAL on the server?
shiveshsingh
Master
Master
Author

Hi

Do you have a QlikView Publisher? Yes
Are you using the same user credentials in Accesspoint as in desktop? Yes
Do you have a valid USERCAL or DOCCAL on the server? Yes

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm guessing that you are opening the source document and the accesspoint are presenting the distributed user document. Try opening the distributed document with your desktop.

My best guess is that the Service account have distributed a reduced document. If you are performing reload and distribution in two diffrent tasks then your service account need to have full access to the application through the Section Access. If not it will open and reduce a reduced document.
Eg
If the Service Account only are allowed to see Company A, B and C and You are allowed to see Company D, then you won't see anything hence the distributed document is only containing A, B and C.
shiveshsingh
Master
Master
Author

Can you help me in configuring full access to service account?

Where i need to change it? @Vegar 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

In the same place as you manage all other section access for the
application.

Usually an excel file or a database, but it could also be hard coded into
the script.

-Vegar
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The key thing for the QlikView service account when it comes to Section Access is if you have Dynamic Reduction Fields in the Section Access table load, the service account should not have any values in those reduction fields, no * or other characters, unless you have done a 'link' table where you have a value linked to all other possible values, that is the only way things would likely work in that case.  

The 'blank' value ensures the service account has access to all the data when reloading etc.  The catch here is the service account will NOT be able to open the application via the AccessPoint if the Strict Exclusion option is set in the document properties on the Opening tab, and this is due to the no values in the reduction fields, thus the 'link' table comment I made, as this would allow things to open in the AccessPoint...

Hopefully this helps.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.