Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security Tab setup help required. Please see below questions.

Hi All,

I am using QlikView Desktop 32 Bit 11.2 Version.

I have implemented Section access and initial Data Reduction based on Section Access (Checked). In Settings Tab-->Documents Properties-->Security Tab (I have left everything as default)

In Section Access I have ADMIN and USER. I logged in with Admin and reloaded data and closed completely QlikView.

Question-1

Open QVW file with another user (Not Admin) and then I can see It is displaying data only related to user logged in but If i click on reload then It is displaying all users data.

How to fix this without disabling Reload option?

Question-2

I have a QlikView File which was last reloaded with ADMIN user and This QVW file is saved at Path E:\SHIVENDOO\QlikView QVW

Now Same file I open with another user and file is opening and showing data only related to logged in user. I did some changes and trying to save file, What I noticed It is allowing me to overwrite the existing file which was created by Admin.

How can we restrict other than ADMIN users to overwrite files created by ADMIN? Note: I don't want to disable Save options for users.

Question-3

I logged in with ADMIN user and going to Settings Tab-->Documents Properties-->Security Tab  and unchecked box "Save Document (Users)" then I am noticing that Save Option is even disable for Admin Users. Same behavior I noticed when you uncheked other options (like Allow Export, Edit Script) available under Security Tab.

What need to set so that If I unchecked "Save Document (Users)" and other options those need to be applicable only USER, not for ADMIN?

Please pardon me If I ask any silly question. I am new to QlikView so just clearing my doubts.

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Q1: Your section access data reduction is only applied on opening the application, not when reloading, so you need to disable reload for users that shouldn't see all data.

Q2: You can probably set the Windows file permissions to allow only admin to overwrite the file.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Q1: Your section access data reduction is only applied on opening the application, not when reloading, so you need to disable reload for users that shouldn't see all data.

So in this Case best Strategy is that ADMIN should Reload data everyday so that latest data should be available and Reload should be disabled? Please give you comments.

If I want to give Reload option to USER also then how can I handle this? So that each user can reload data to see the latest data available in DB.

Q2: You can probably set the Windows file permissions to allow only admin to overwrite the file.

So there is no way to handle this from QlikView side?

Can you explain how it works when we use Sever and Publisher and multiple users access same QVW file and can save their versions seperately?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Restricting Save to only Admin should have worked, try that again.

You must disable reload for users, because as swuehl pointed out, reduction is only done on document open.

None of this applies in the server environment. There is no user initiated Save or Reload in the Server environment.

-Rob

iktrayanov
Creator III
Creator III

Q1. Set a task to reload\publish the app automatically.

Q2. Don't give the users access to your source documents allow them to only open published documents on the server.