Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alwayslearning
Creator
Creator

Select In Field to apply multiple filters to a table

Hi,

I have various buttons on a report which will filter the same table of data in different ways.

I am using the 'Select In Field'.  If had 3 Columns - col1, col2, col3 and data was 1 or 0  how could I create one 'Select In field' that would Select 1 of Col1, Col2 & Col3. 

I see I could create 3 separate Select Fields.  But I wanted to see if I could it in on 'Select In field'  as I actually having 13 fields to select all of which I want to select the data 1.

Regards,

3 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

You could concatenate them in your load script and use this as your filter?

Or you could do this with a concatenate expression in a list box to put them into one row and then dissect that concatenation in a set of field triggers?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I can help you here, Try to create one key with the field of 13Field like, So next time just take 13Field as Listbox and then try

AutonumberHash128(Field1, Field2, ...., Field13) as 13Field

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

So what I said then?

But slightly worse because by hashing the field becomes nonsense, however if concatenated then at least the individual field values are still visible