Qlik Community

New to QlikView

Discussion board where members can get started with QlikView.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Select month and charts reflect the weeks

I would like to have an option for a month and 5 charts would change to reflect the 1-5 week of that month.  The end picture is to show a month of statistics with totals per week.  How can i best accomplish this?  Should I set a bookmark for each of the charts that would be a specific week?

Thanks,

Kristy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
Not applicable

Re: Select month and charts reflect the weeks

Kristy,

you could probably just add a week field to your dates in your table, containing the date of the weekstart of that date. Then you could limit the values in each chart with a set expression to one of the weeks in that month, like

=sum({<MonthName=, WeekStart={'$(=weekstart(min(WeekStart)+7))'}>}Value)

for the scond week in a month, after you selected a month in field MonthName.

An open issue which weeks you want to show, since weeks don't really align with months.

In my attached sample, I just show all week, that have any day of the week in the selected month.

Hope this helps,

Stefan

1 Reply
swuehl
Not applicable

Re: Select month and charts reflect the weeks

Kristy,

you could probably just add a week field to your dates in your table, containing the date of the weekstart of that date. Then you could limit the values in each chart with a set expression to one of the weeks in that month, like

=sum({<MonthName=, WeekStart={'$(=weekstart(min(WeekStart)+7))'}>}Value)

for the scond week in a month, after you selected a month in field MonthName.

An open issue which weeks you want to show, since weeks don't really align with months.

In my attached sample, I just show all week, that have any day of the week in the selected month.

Hope this helps,

Stefan