cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YJ_SG
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select same week from two tables

I have two tables with same week but dimension names are not same. (Can not rename to same, because it will cause synthetic problems.)

One Sales_Week, one Supplier_Week. I have to choose 202026 from Sales_Week, then choose 202026 again from Supplier_Week to have a same view. Is there any way to choose once instead of choose twice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I see three possible solutions

1. Make selection in one dimension and apply these selections in an set analysis expression for the other dimension.

Eg. Make selection in sales week and calculate with set on Supplier week. Sum({<SupplierWeek=P(SalesWeek)>}Amount 

2. Create a data Island calendar that is not attached to the data model and do a similar approach as above for calculations.

Sum({<SupplierWeek=P(IslandWeek),SalesWeek=P(IslandWeek)>}Amount

3. Work with onSelection triggers intin the document totto selections in one field when done in another.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

I see three possible solutions

1. Make selection in one dimension and apply these selections in an set analysis expression for the other dimension.

Eg. Make selection in sales week and calculate with set on Supplier week. Sum({<SupplierWeek=P(SalesWeek)>}Amount 

2. Create a data Island calendar that is not attached to the data model and do a similar approach as above for calculations.

3. Work with onSelection triggers intin the document totto selections in one field when done in another.

YJ_SG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi  Vegar,

Prefer option 2. It works well for me.