Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Selection of Items by CheckBox

Hi,

I have got a straight table and i have couple of columns in that,when I select the Company from ListBox and Time period either by months, Weeks etc all the items get selected, What I want to achieve is to have a checkBox or Button that if I Tick the CheckBox Or Press the Button. it should take all the items away from the Selection Where these 3 Colums(Expression) GoodsIn Qty,Sales and IBT is zero in selected period.

I will be very Thankful to you Please if you can Help.

5 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Can you upload an example file, please?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The effect is called 'select excluded' in qlikview.  The user can do this manually by right clicking on the list box and hitting 'select excluded' to invert their selections.

To do this in an automated way you can use a 'select excluded' action.

Actions can be triggered by a variable or field change, and sheet selection or sheet departure or by clicking a text box or button.

For a button , add a button and then on the actions tab of the button properties add an action of type = selection, 'select exlcuded' . type in the field you want to and thats it.  You can do multiple actions on a button too.

Not applicable
Author

Can you upload a sample document

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Selection.jpg

Thanks looks like I am getting closer, where will I define the condition of selection.Please

If you see on the above picture From Change Only button I want this third item where Total Sales is 0 and Last

Goods In Qty is also 0 to be removed from selection, hope this picture will help to understand  more clearly.

Thanks

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

I am not sure what the action is on the 'changes only' button , what filter it applies and how that relates to the last record. I cannot tell from a screenshot.

However, a record in a straight table will by default appear if any of the expressions return a non-zero and non-null value. This is because zero values are suppressed by default. Right now there are several expressions for this row that have values (such as store stock). 

If you want the row to be suppressed solely on whether total sales and last ge qty are 0 or null, you can put an IF() statement in each formula to check for that

ex:   if (  sum(Sales) > 0 ,  sum  ( stockstore) )

This will only calculate stockstore if Sales are greater than 0, otherwise it won't . If you do this for ALL expressions in the chart it will be surpressed.

I am not recommending you do this because i don't have enough knowledge of your app to make one , just that this is how qlikview works.