Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II

Send to Excel Button

Hi,'

I have a table box with a number of fields - I have no real use for it in QV except that once certain selections have been made I export this table to excel.

Is there any way to have a button, which will export the fields in the table box to excel, instead of showing the actual table box?

I've tried to add a button with export action, then I select the fields, but it doesn't seem to give me the option of "send to excel"

Thanks,

G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Add a button -> Actions -> Export -> Setup

Then choose

the fields you'd like to export

Radio button Export to FIle Type in directory C:\test.xls

Choose Include lables and radio button records

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Please check the attached qvw that performs what your looking for. Theremaining thing is to hide the table box

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi DBC,

Unfortunately I'm using Qlikview PE (for now) so I cannot open your document. If it's not oo much trouble could you please post what I should do?

Much appreciated,

G

Denis_Brajkovic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Add a button -> Actions -> Export -> Setup

Then choose

the fields you'd like to export

Radio button Export to FIle Type in directory C:\test.xls

Choose Include lables and radio button records

gerhardl
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks -

That does work - but I do not get the option of .xls under file type. I can force it (type the file name as test.xls and then when I open the file I ignore the excel message saying it is ina different format than the extension) but I have account numbers and they then all display as 1.02E+19.

Guess "export to excel" is my best bet...

Padmini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dbc,

Please can you help me on how to configure the path when using from accesspoint. I want the excel to be pasted in the downloads folder of each individual.Thanks

Regards

Padmini